Claim Tim's Profile
Internet pioneer and best-selling author, Tim Sanders advises Fortune 500 executives on leadership, marketing and new media strategies to grow their business. He was an early stage member of Mark Cuban’s broadcast.com. In 1999, broadcast.com was acquired by Yahoo, taking Tim with it, where he rose to the position of Chief Solutions Officer and named its Leadership Coach. Since leaving Yahoo, Tim has consulted with dozens of companies involved in business to business, government and consumer industries.
His background is economics, psychology and debate, giving him a rare blend of stories and science to move audiences to action. Time Magazine called him a “Public Consultant” because of his extensive pre-keynote research and highly customized advice points for groups. For over a dozen conferences and meetings, he’s the top rated speaker in its history. Tim is the author of four books, including the New York Times best seller Love Is The Killer App: How to Win Business & Influence Friends. His second book, The Likeability Factor was featured in major media from USA Today to the New York Times. His latest book, Today We Are Rich: Harnessing the Power of Total Confidence is an Inc. Magazine business bestseller.
Tim has valuable experience in cutting-edge businesses, sales and marketing. He’s weathered the quality movement as well as the dotcom crash and emerged with precious insight. Sanders worked at early stage Southwestern Bell Mobile systems at the beginning of the U.S. cellular phone industry. He applied his expertise of quality, marketing and sales to help launch one of the most important industries of our time – wireless communications for the masses.
Tim attended Loyola Marymount University and studied in the graduate school of communications at the University of Arizona.
Click Here to register and get pricing on booking Tim Sanders for your next event!
Request Pricing & Booking Info
Speakerpedia has booked over a thousand events in the past 5 years. Contact Tim Sanders's Booking Agent to get availability & pricing.
added 6 months ago
added 6 months ago
added 6 months ago
added 6 months ago
Relationship Power! How To Win Business & Influence People
Building business relationships is not a matter of playing golf, the gift of gab or being a rubber stamp on others’ ideas. There is an art and a science to being a relationship master at work. Studies LikeabilityFactorshow that it can boost your sales by 40%, drive your talent’s productivity by 25% and cut regrettable turnover in half. In this program Tim reveals winning ways to create and maintain real connections inside & outside your company. This program is based on his global best seller, Love Is the Killer App: How To Win Business & Influence Friends. Key Takeaways Include:
- How relationships are bonded or broken in business, based on the Norm Of Reciprocity research.
- How to be an effective mentor by following the knowledge gap lifecycle.
- How to repair a damaged relationship or a mismanaged expectation.
- Five email etiquette rules that will protect relationships and prevent burn out in your troops. Based on the largest study to date on email habits at work.
- A weekly plan to leverage networking to drive business results. Follow it and you’ll double your network strength in less than one year.
Emotional Talent: The Final Leadership Frontier
Many leaders rise to their position through their technical skills from operations to finance to product. But they will never make the leap from good to great until they develop what Tim Sanders calls Emotional Talent. This is the ability to manage their internal emotions, sense those in their people and connect with them at that level.
This program, which was the basis for a PBS Special, offers ways any leader can cultivate this talent, and spot it in others. It's based on 500,000 pages of original research.
- Why the mood state can have a 1000% impact on a company's innovation effectiveness. Based on case studies inside companies like Motorola & Google, Sanders explains why most business is really 'chemical warfare.'
- Why your company's emotional value proposition is key to attracting and retaining top talent. How to integrate employee experience design into leadership.
- Surprising research, revealing authenticity as a key emotional-talent attribute. How to "Keep It Real" in a world of false promises, distracted bosses and truth-stretchers
- How to decode people's emotions with 90% accuracy. Reading people is a technique that IBM Data sales execs, CIA agents and champion poker players learn and hone. Sanders will reveal the 7 Faces of Emotion, which can make you the smartest leader in the room.
- Master the "Art of Deep Listening" with your talent and your customers. How to borrow from the best interviewers in the world to uncover strategic insights in the field or around the office. How to develop a more empathetic culture, leading to a customer-centric approach to selling and delivering.
The Business Power of Confident Thinking
Sure, we have business confidence at the top of a market or if we are leading the change. But what’s our plan to seize the moment when the playing field changes … or recedes? Our competition is hit just as hard as we are, and now it’s a race to see who gets their Mojo back first. History proves that business confidence is rocket fuel for a company. It cracks the code, closes the deal and moves people to action. It’s not enough to ‘think positive’ though – sustainable confidence comes from lifestyle and leadership design. This program is based on Sanders’ experience through three recessions, the dotcom boom and the quality movement. Key Takeaways Include:
- A Fail-Study on Tim’s days at Yahoo including: Why they lost their Mojo, got passed by Google and what every company can learn from the experience.
- How to create a mind-diet that gives you unbreakable confidence, starting with your morning routine. Based on modern brain science research in business.
- Case study on how executives can confront the ‘Chicken Littles’ at work and shift the conversation from crisis to solution. Build a culture of courage by leading the conversation.
- How to face the worst case scenario to unleash innovation and calm in your group.
- A winning technique for injecting new-hire gratitude into yourself and your most jaded talent.
Creating the Sale: How to Unleash Your Creative Sales Genius
Regardless of what your job title reads, selling is a part of your success formula. From sales professionals to senior leadership, selling the vision is a process that requires creativity. Everything Love is the killer appfrom acquiring resources to forming partnerships requires a selling skill these days. As time goes on, it gets more complicated too, as multiple decision makers and technology development changes the playing field. For these challenges, Sanders has a prescription: Leverage your creative genius! For the sales professional, in today’s increasingly complex business environment, a completed sale and a satisfied client are often the result of dozens of problems solved. In many cases, the “system” doesn’t anticipate the roadblocks, leaving it up to sales professionals to “create the sale.” Tim believes that creativity shouldn’t be confined to advertising agencies, product developers and media producers. It belongs in sales as much as anywhere else! In his career, Tim has sold over a half billion dollars of services by applying imagination, story telling, visual impact and novel approaches to solving problems. A New York Times bestselling author and former Chief Solutions Officer at Yahoo!, he’s learned the secret to maintaining one’s creative sales genius. In this talk, Tim will outline why creativity is the key to achieve Access, Advocacy and Agreement with clients. He’ll also provide relevant case studies on how out-of-the-box thinking has helped generate sales and acquire scarce resources. Take away advice from his next book (Creating the Sale, 2015) includes:
- Expand Your Creativity (Capacity, Tendency, Intelligence, Courage)
- Employ Creativity To Solve Problems (Access, Persuasion, Engagement)
- Encourage Others To Join You In A Creative Journey
The Social Opportunity: 3 Ways To Leverage New Media For Your Business
Long time new media expert and former Yahoo CSO Tim Sanders has participated in the rise of social media, from its early days of instant messenger updates and bulletin boards to the rise of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. In this keynote, he will unravel the mystery surrounding how to leverage it to generate business, cut costs and recruit talent into your organization. His talk is not a review on ‘of-the-moment’ platforms or tools, but instead, he offers a blueprint for leveraging any new media innovation, whether it’s a new social networking service, mobile app or publishing platform. Based on numerous case studies relevant to your industry or situation, his talk will provide actionable takeaways such as:
- How to tune into the conversation about your company, your market and your competitors with low cost tools.
- How to apply this new found information to improve service, your product offering and your competitive advantage.
- How to connect with customers and potential employees over social media by interacting with and sharing their content…and why that’s the new warm call.
- How to contribute to the marketplace conversation and create top of mind positioning for your organization.
- How to create an editorial calendar based on your customer’s informational needs.
- How to leverage social media for talent acquisition and employee retention.
- How to streamline or delegate social media activities to ensure a rock solid return-on-investment of your time.
- How to prioritize which social media platform you should invest time with to achieve the greatest impact.
Sanders made his last appearance at the 2008 Forum where he received rave reviews from attendees. This year he will arm attendees with seven principles that will help you be the first to bounce back with post-recession tactics.
Tim Sanders, the former chief solutions officer at Yahoo and a current sales and leadership keynote speaker, will deliver the keynote address for the 105th Commencement on May 15.
Project Management Institute (PMI), the global advocacy organization for the project management profession, has announced that Tim Sanders, Leadership Coach for Internet giant Yahoo! and author of The New York Times bestseller entitled "Love is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends" will be the keynote speaker at PMI(R) Global Congress 2004 - North America on Sunday, 24 October 2004, at the newly- expanded Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California, USA.
Recently I was an attendee and presenter at Cultivate, a business growth event sponsored by our local chamber of commerce here in Northeast Wisconsin. We were fortunate to attract Tim Sanders as our keynote speaker, and Tim absolutely blew me away.
Get notified of new talks and events.Follow
Related Speakers View all
Mark C. Thompson
World-renowned Authority on Leadership, Driving Chan...
Dr. Jackie Freiberg
Corporate Culture and Leadership Strategist, and Bes...
Employee Engagement and Retention Expert and Co-auth...
Expert on Leadership & Management Practices; Author,...
Former CEO of Southwest Airlines
Authority on Leadership, Growth & Innovation
Best-Selling Author, Entrepreneur & Business Adviser
Business Author, Performance Consultant and Restaura...
Leadership, Teamwork & Performance Expert; NYT Bests...
Dr. Sheila Murray Bethel
Global Leadership, Change, Motivation Expert; Author...
Kevin Freiberg, PhD
Best-Selling Author, Business Best-Practice Expert o...
Renowned Economist and Author, The Rise of the Creat...
Best-Selling Business Author
Author of Revolutionary Customer Relationship Manage...
Authority on Leading People and Relationship Selling
Consultant / Facilitator
Best-selling Author; Customer Service and Experience...
Founder of Travelocity.com & Founding Chairman of Ka...
Author, "Mavericks At Work"; Founding Member, Fast C...