Brian Carter is a popular speaker and bestselling author selected to be IBM Futurist and recognized by LinkedIn as "an expert you should listen to." In his 20 years of business success, Brian has worked with organizations of all sizes, including Microsoft, NBC, Salesforce, JP Morgan, Humana and The U.S. Army. His frequent media appearances include Bloomberg TV, ABC, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur, AdWeek and The New York Times.
A trusted expert and influencer for a decade, Brian has taught 50,000 students in topics including sales, generational differences, social media, customer service, leadership, teamwork and marketing. He has 250,000 online fans and reaches an overall audience of over 3 million people each year. Brian's ideas and insights come from 20 years of trailblazing work in the modern business world, up-to-date experience and deep case-studies. His hands-on, consultative and speaking work with 100's of companies in 25 industries means you get unrivaled expertise by collaborating with him.
Brian’s business experience, cutting-edge insights, and stand-up comedy background culminate in a keynote speaker who leaves every audience entertained, motivated and armed with powerful strategies and tactics.
added about 1 year ago
added almost 3 years ago
added over 6 years ago
SECRETS OF MODERN SALES
The Strategies and Tactics Modern Salespeople Use to Prospect, Sell & Create Great Customer Experiences
This high-energy, entertaining, motivational sales program is based on an in-depth, ongoing 8-year study of 1000’s of top performing salespeople in 18 industries who successfully drive revenue, new business and profits, regardless of their size, budget or training. Via candid interviews and direct work with these companies, plus Brian’s own up-to-the-minute sales experience, Brian has discovered the many successful strategies they use to prospect and sell more. This session looks at those secrets and gives you new ideas and processes for creating your own sales success.
In this motivating and entertaining talk (great for sales kickoffs!), salespeople will learn:
- Fortune 500 Sales strategies that work for salespeople at organizations of any size.
- The latest prospecting strategies, techniques and tools.
- Case studies on what really works for today’s salespeople.
- The importance of leadership, trust and likability in Sales, and how to quickly boost all three.
- Strategies for Field Sales and Inside Sales.
- Where to go to stay up-to-date on Sales trends and insights.
- How to find insightful info about your prospects before you speak to them.
- New ways to listen and adjust to changing customers and connect more strongly with them.
- The tools, technologies and processes top salespeople are using to capitalize on change and build a better future.
ERUPTION NOT DISRUPTION
How to Bulletproof Your Business and Attract More Customers and Employees, Even in Difficult Times!
In this fascinating and timely program which can be customized to focus on or include topics like sales, marketing, disruption, generations, change management and customer experience, attendees learn how to overcome disruptive obstacles, technologies and people. Brian reviews the technology, social and economic trends that have changed business and how top performers are growing and succeeding today.
- What’s different about what customers and employees want today.
- Why the key to surviving and thriving is making sure customers are thrilled
- The role innovation plays in how business is changing.
- The tools, technologies and processes top companies and employees are using to capitalize on change and build a better future.
- Where to go to find and stay up to date on trends and insights about how to make the customers and employees of today and tomorrow happy.
ATTRACTING THE FUTURE
Cultures and Campaigns That Drive Talent & Productivity
Do you have the organizational culture and the recruiting campaigns you need to get you the employees and talent you want? Many companies feel they have great cultures, but they may not be doing everything they could with social media or marketing to attract the workforce they need. If you have a job fair, online posting or public application process, do enough people know it exists? This customized hands-on session will give your people the specific tools to get the right candidates for the job!
In this keynote, which can be customized to include management and leadership, generations, teamwork, innovation, branding/marketing and change management, attendees will learn things like:
- How to take more action, reach great candidates and convince them to take a look at working with your company
- How to get your target candidates to see your company as a bigger opportunity for them
- Showing candidates exactly why your culture is a great fit for them.
- Reaching the right people and convincing them that your organization is the kind of place that they’d like to be.
- The role that culture, teamwork and management play in attracting and retaining your ideal workforce.
GENERATION “WHY NOT?”
Attracting and Uniting All 5 Key Generations
Generational differences have only become more important as new people come into the marketplace and workforce, and power and money shift hands. Not all people in a generation are the same, but research shows there are broad trends and patterns that can help you get better results.
In this enlightening and motivating generational talk, which can include or focus on topics like management and leadership, innovation, teamwork, sales and marketing, and change management, attendees learn things like:
- The most effective ways to attract, manage, retain, market and sell to each generation.
- Each generation’s special strengths and skills.
- How to bring generations together to create unbeatably strong and productive teams inside your company.
- How to attract and retain more young people and screen for the ones with the greatest potential.
- How to make sure everyone feels valuable and included, and your organization creates a win-win with everyone.
THE SECRETS OF SOCIAL MEDIA SUCCESS
How Social Media Gets You Seen, Attracts Talent and Makes You Money
This high-energy, entertaining, motivational social media program is based on an in-depth 7-year study of 100’s of top performing companies in 18 industries who used social media to successfully drive key organizational achievements- regardless of their size, budget or training. Through candid interviews, and direct work with these companies, Brian created and learn specific strategies and tactics that ensure success. This session looks at those best practices and teaches you a proven process to create your own success.
In this keynote, which can focus on or include sales, marketing, customer experience, customer service, innovation, generations and change management, attendees will learn things like:
- How to reach the right people- anyone, of any age- with social media.
- How to become #1 in your category or local market no matter what!
- The big change in business that now makes it possible even for new companies dominate their industries.
- How to avoid the most common time-wasters and dead-ends.
- Where to invest your time and money, both now and in the future.
- A Fortune 500 social strategy that can make any-sized company more money.
- The most important social platforms and strategies… And time-wasters to avoid.
- The surprising truth about “going viral”, and how effective organizations actually drive word of mouth and sustain growth.
- When and how to use social advertising.
- Why a strategy that made Warren Buffet rich can boost your revenues 10x.
- Today’s biggest business obstacle and how to solve it.
- The social networks and tools top performers use to get the biggest results.
- What the fastest growing organizations do that drives 10x more results than other social strategies (many of which are risky, unproven investments).
BACON, LOBSTERS & GOLF!
How Salespeople Prospect and Sell More Effectively with Social Media
How have Sales, prospecting and closing changed? One key trend is that prospecting and sales relationships are now happening online. Prospects sleep with their smartphones, search online more and wait longer to talk to salespeople than ever before. How can salespeople accelerate contact and shorten sales cycles? Brian reveals case studies and tips for what really works and a variety of options for salespeople with different skill levels, time and staff- plus what works for those who are super-busy and doing it all themselves!
In this fun and engaging talk, attendees will learn:
- How to create and maintain relationships with prospects using only your smartphone.
- Fortune 500 social strategies that work for salespeople at organizations of any size.
- Case studies on what really works in social media for real salespeople- with options for any amount of time and support.
- What social networks are best for modern salespeople? The answers may surprise you.
- The importance of trust and likability, and how to quickly and easily boost them.
- Social and mobile strategies for both field sales and inside sales.
- Case studies on what really works in social media- with options for any amount of time and support.
- Are there successful salespeople who blog? Who advertise? Yep! Find out why it’s worth it for some salespeople and how to make it easy.
- Why the Internet is your prospecting best friend
- How the info you can find in social media keeps you from walking into sales situations blind, reveals great conversation starters and instantly makes people feel like they already know and like you.
How Trendsetters Are Leveraging Technology & Data to Profitably Create Loyal, Happy Customers
U.S. Companies as a whole are losing $62 billion a year due to poor customer service. 42% of companies invest in customer experience because it improves customer retention. So how are the top customer service organizations doing it?
In a business world saturated with too much data and quickly changing technologies, top brands base customer experience strategies on research, not guessing.
Fortune 50 brands hire teams of Harvard MBA’s and Data Analysts to investigate customers, markets and customer experience. Everything is filled with data: stores, websites, call centers and CRM’s on salespeople smartphones. The learnings and discoveries from all this data are changing how customer service reps work. It’s making customers and employees happier.
This high-energy, entertaining, motivational social media program is based on 10 years of data and 100’s of case studies. In this fascinating, entertaining and practical program, attendees will learn…
- Which customer service strategy helps companies retain 89% of their customers?
- At what customer service pain point do 90% of customers say most companies are failing at?
- How do top customer experience companies collect info on their customer service approaches and create insights what to do better?
- How do top companies get the best data on consumer behavior, interests and desires?
- If your company makes me mad, I might tweet about it! Customer service doesn’t just happen on the phone anymore. How do you tie together customer service via websites, call centers, social media and everything else in a seamless way that feels quick and satisfying to customers?
- Customers are also reaching out to companies via Internet and social media direct messages. Do you have customer service bots or are you planning to program them?
- Do you have a plan to combine human care with your bots?
- Brian helps you envision and navigate a tech-empowered future full of enthusiastic, delighted and loyal customers, driving up your profits and lowering your costs.
Zombies, Babies & Bacon!
How to Attract & Retain More of Your Best Customers By Hacking Their Brains With Social Data
Who’s top of mind when customers are ready for what you offer? You …or your competitors?
We are now living in The Attention Economy. Customer attention is rare, fickle and valuable. Research has proven we can only pay attention to on one thing at a time, and you can’t influence someone who isn’t paying attention to you. That means you have more competition than you may think. In fact, you’re competing with EVERYONE for attention: the news, sports, commercials… even Game of Thrones. So, if your marketing isn’t as interesting as the NFL or Game of Thrones, all of your potential customers may ignore you. If you’re boring, you’re invisible. If you don’t stand out, you don’t stand a chance. What are you doing to become more interesting?
This high-energy, entertaining, motivational social media program is based on case studies of companies who used the latest social media tools and consumer data to better target and attract customers. They use cutting-edge attention-grabbing strategies and tactics to successfully drive new business, more revenue and bigger profits… regardless of their company’s size, budget or expertise. With these methods, PayPal boosted video views by 300%, Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s made mouths water with bacon, DirectBuy discovered that ugly furniture sells, and a chiropractor earned $10 for every dollar he spent online. Based on Brian’s forthcoming book Zombies, Babies & Bacon, this session looks at their best practices and teaches a simple three-step process anyone can use to maximize their results.
- Why boring companies have trouble staying afloat in the digital age, and how you can stand out.
- Common social media myths that kill customer response.
- How to excite customers’ brains and stir emotions into sales… while your competitors bore customers to death and themselves into bankruptcy.
- How to identify your most passionate potential customer segments and what makes them go.
- The keys to overcoming market data problems to beat your competition.
- How be sure which social network is most popular with your ideal customer.
- The difference between what everyone wants- and what your best customer wants.
- How to reach your entire target customer audience and become their preferred solution.
- The best, easiest and even some free social tools for bigger marketing results
- Maximizing customer engagement, sales and loyalty by tuning into their passions.
- How to win hearts and minds- and turn that into sales and profits.
INTERNET PROFITS 101 FOR LEADERS & MANAGERS
How to Begin to Benefit From The New Opportunities of Digital Marketing, Social Media, Influencers and More
Today, traditional marketing is not the only way to reach people. So, how can you take advantage of digital marketing, social media, influencers and bloggers? How do decision makers successfully navigate all of the opportunities available online? What works and what’s just a waste of time? What do you say yay or nay to? And who does all this work… contractors, employees, agencies, or some combination of all the above?
In this entertaining keynote, bestselling author and digital agency CEO Brian Carter shares answers and insights that help executives and managers make smart decisions for the future. Based on hands-on experience and an in-depth, 8-year study of hundreds of top companies that used the Internet to drive revenue and profits in dozens of industries, Brian shares:
- Digital opportunities that increase leads, sales and distribution.
- E-commerce strategies that increase performance on retail websites and Amazon.com.
- Proven strategies with Google, social media, blogging and influencers… compared to overhyped fads that just don’t deliver.
- How to accurately target anyone with social media.
- Why the fastest growing organizations drive 10x more website traffic and sales than their competitors.
- A Fortune 500 social media strategy that boosts any company’s revenues.
- Why many companies fail at viral marketing and how top performers use digital marketing to create and sustain long-term growth.
- With 19 years of hands-on digital marketing experience and a background in improv and stand-up comedy, Brian delivers motivation, humor and practical takeaways ensuring every audience member leaves with the answers, insights and processes they need to succeed.
How to Manage Through Digital Change While Retaining Employees and Boosting Productivity
Are your leaders ready to help your organization shift to digital and manage resistance to change?
Some employees love new ideas, software and processes, but others may feel threatened. Leaders need to be aware that today’s great, new opportunities can be seen as “stranger danger” by key personnel. You don’t want to lose your best people in an important time of transition.
Brian Carter’s digital transformation keynote programs deal with the typical obstacles and stressors that leaders and transformation teams encounter by combining hilarious jokes and true stories with real business case studies and research from organizations who’ve already successfully completed the journey you’re now beginning. Brian also customizes his content based on interviews and Transformation Assessments with your key people.
Brian is frequently selected as the keynote speaker for events by Fortune 500 corporations, government, nonprofits, industry orgs and associations who want to move beyond the limitations of traditional “best-practices” and set breakthrough goals to maximize their success.
- Why digital allows organizations to escape boring mediocrity and create bigger opportunities and success.
- Why digital opportunities are so exciting, and how to transfer that enthusiasm to your team.
- Common digital transformation myths that slow down transformation and create employee resistance.
- How to help experts in old methods become experts in the new ones.
- Listening skills that dissolve resistance and create motivation.
- Aligning your team around the core transformation goals and messages.
- Teaching collaboration around digital, and how departments come together during digital transformation.
- The 5 Keys to getting and organizing your data without being overwhelmed or creating interdepartmental conflict.
- The most common I.T. (Information Technology) problems, including I.T. conflicts with other departments, and how to overcome them.
- The keys to overcoming market data problems and beating your competition.
- The top 5 tools and systems every company must have in place for successful digital transformation.
- Digital tools for employee engagement, management, admin, HR, accounting, marketing, sales and customer loyalty.
Related Speakers View all
Bestselling Author, Technology Pioneer, Expert on Co...
Co-founder & Chief Executive of Upworthy, Author of ...
Co-Founder of Initialized Capital & Co-Founder of Re...
Chief Evangelist of Canva & Executive Fellow of the ...
Co-Founder & CEO of VaynerMedia
Founder of Monster.com & Eons.com
One of the World’s Leading Global Futurists, Trends ...
Technology Futurist, Business Strategist & Hall of F...
Sir Richard Branson
Businessman, Founder of Virgin Group
Behavioral Economist; Professor at Duke University; ...
Professor of Computer Science & Technical Director o...
Head of Culture & Trends at YouTube
Currently, Partner at Homebrew. Previously served as...
Entrepreneur & Founder of Mashable
Renowned Digital Entrepreneur; Social Media Pioneer
Collective Social Behavior Scientist
Head of Development at Conde Nast Entertainment, Dir...
Reporter & Videographer Covering International Finan...
Independent Commentator on the Financial Markets; Bl...
Digital Analyst, Futurist & Author of "What's the Fu...