Resuscitation Education Specialist, CEO "Rescue RN" and Founder of "CodePRep."
Dr. Susan B Davis is a highly respected healthcare professional and educator with over a decade of experience in resuscitation care and education. With a Doctor of Nursing Practice and a Master of Science in Nursing, as well as multiple nursing degrees and certifications, she deeply understands the latest evidence-based practices and standards of care in the science of saving lives.
Dr. Davis is the founder and CEO of CodePRep, a program that provides resuscitation education training to healthcare providers in hospitals and clinical settings. She is also the Resuscitation Education Program Manager at Lee Health, where she develops comprehensive strategic and operational planning initiatives to support life support education and training programs.
As a speaker, Dr. Davis is known for her dynamic and engaging presentations on resuscitation education, evidence-based practice, nursing, and patient experience. She has presented at the Suncoast Pulmonary symposium, several podcasts, and webinars and has worked with various corporate clients and organizations, including the American Heart Association and Lee Health. Dr. Davis has hosted a nursing speaker series titled “Kick Start Your Heart” and received numerous awards and honors throughout her career, including the Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honors and the Edison Foundation Nursing Scholarship. Her passion for improving resuscitation care and outcomes shines through in all her presentations, making her a sought-after speaker in the healthcare industry.
Nursing Minds in Action: Keeping the Human in Intelligence
This speech explores the importance of preserving the human connection in nursing, even as AI technology advances. The discussion begins with emphasizing empathy, compassion, and communication as vital elements of patient care and their impact on health outcomes. We then explore various AI applications that can support the human connection in nursing, including time-saving solutions for documentation, AI-driven decision support for personalized care, and workflow optimization.
Next, we delve into how AI can be used in nursing education to cultivate emotional intelligence and soft skills and how customized learning experiences can improve nursing practice. Ethical considerations and patient safety are also discussed, addressing data privacy, algorithmic transparency, and ensuring that AI complements, rather than replaces, human interaction.
The speech features case studies showcasing successful AI integration in nursing practice, highlighting real-world examples, best practices, and lessons learned. The conclusion emphasizes embracing AI while preserving the human connection in nursing, encouraging collaboration between nursing professionals and AI developers. The event concludes with a networking and discussion session, allowing attendees to connect, share experiences, and brainstorm ways to maintain the human connection in healthcare while leveraging AI.
- Enhanced Understanding of AI in Nursing: Attendees will gain a deeper comprehension of AI technology, its applications in nursing, and the ways it can support and enhance the human connection in patient care. This understanding will empower attendees to explore AI tools and solutions more confidently and make informed decisions about their integration into nursing practice.
- Improved Collaboration and Networking: Through the event's discussions and networking session, attendees will have the opportunity to connect with like-minded professionals, exchange ideas, and share experiences related to AI in nursing. This collaborative environment can foster new professional relationships and inspire innovative approaches to incorporating AI while maintaining the human connection in healthcare.
- Actionable Insights and Best Practices: By learning from real-world case studies and engaging in interactive discussions, attendees will take away actionable insights and best practices for implementing AI solutions in their own nursing practice. These practical takeaways will enable them to better navigate the challenges of AI integration while preserving the essential human elements of nursing, ultimately leading to improved patient care and outcomes.
Code Blue Mindset: Empowering Rescuers for Effective CPR and Early Defibrillation
This topic focuses on building confidence and empowering healthcare providers to respond effectively to Code Blue events. This speech encourages a proactive, organized response to Codes and emphasizes the critical importance of early defibrillation and effective CPR.
Participants learn to assess their current mindset regarding resuscitation efforts and how self-efficacy and confidence impact survival rates. Through this conversation, healthcare providers gain the knowledge and skills to recognize the signs and symptoms of patient deterioration, communicate effectively with other team members, and initiate emergency resuscitation.
Ultimately, the Code Blue Mindset aims to create high-performance BLS Rapid Response Teams that can perform effectively during the first few minutes of a resuscitation event, potentially improving patient outcomes and reducing hospital mortality.
- Assess their mindset about Code Blue CPR currently
- Recognize how resuscitation self-efficacy and confidence impact CPR and survival rates
- Identify the steps for early resuscitation
Recognizing Patient Deterioration with the Visual Acuity Scale in High-Performance Resuscitation
Recognizing patient deterioration is critical in providing timely and effective medical interventions. The Visual Acuity Scale is a tool that helps healthcare providers identify and communicate patients' acuity levels to other care team members. This tool is essential in triaging patients, tracking their condition, and triggering appropriate interventions in high-performance resuscitation scenarios.
This topic focuses on the importance of the Visual Acuity Scale in high-performance resuscitation and how healthcare providers can use it to recognize patient deterioration early and respond quickly. The discussion covers the basics of the Visual Acuity Scale, how to apply it in practice, and how to communicate acuity levels with other team members.
By the end of this training:
- Healthcare providers will better understand the role of the Visual Acuity Scale in resuscitation and be better equipped to provide high-quality care to critically ill patients.
Learn to Love Your Defibrillator or AED: Proper Use and Sequencing of Emergency Equipment in Code Blue
In this topic, learners will gain an understanding of the proper use and sequencing of emergency equipment, specifically the defibrillator or AED. By exploring the various components of the defibrillator, learners will become familiar with the functions and features of the equipment, as well as the necessary steps for its proper use. Through this discussion, learners will also understand the importance of early defibrillation in resuscitation efforts and the role of defibrillators and AEDs in improving patient outcomes.
By the end of this training:
- This topic aims to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to effectively use emergency equipment in high-performance resuscitation efforts, such as defibrillators and AEDs.
Key Players in the First Few Minutes: Basic Life Support (BLS) Rapid Response Team for Emergency Resuscitation and Self-Efficacy
This topic focuses on establishing a BLS Rapid Response Team (RRT) in the first few minutes of an emergency resuscitation event. The discussion teaches team members to recognize their roles and responsibilities within the RRT and to work together to initiate emergency resuscitation quickly and effectively.
The information highlights the critical components of a high-performance BLS RRT and how each member contributes to the team's success. By establishing a well-coordinated RRT, healthcare professionals can improve patient outcomes and increase the chances of survival during a Code Blue event.
- Identify critical components of high-performance BLS RRTs in the context of emergency resuscitation.
- Recognize your role and responsibility within a team to initiate emergency resuscitation and enhance self-efficacy.
Putting It All Together for High-Performance Resuscitation
Putting It All Together for High-Performance Resuscitation is a training discussion that focuses on enhancing the competencies of the BLS Rapid Response Team (RRT) during emergency resuscitation events. The information provides team members with how to work together in a coordinated, efficient manner, similar to a pit crew in motorsports.
This information can help healthcare professionals save more lives in high-pressure situations by emphasizing the importance of teamwork and coordination during resuscitation events.
- To increase the likelihood of successful resuscitation and improve patient outcomes.
- To ensure that each team member understands their role optimally during the first few minutes of a resuscitation event.
Related Speakers View all
Eileen C. Duffey-Lind
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner at Dana-Farber Cancer I...
Owner, Sarah Clark Consulting; Medical Practice Cons...
Immediate-Past President of the AHA; Acclaimed Physi...
Dr. Bayo Curry-Winchell
Physician, Medical Correspondent, Health Equity Advo...
Clinician Investigator & Medical Oncologist at Princ...
Dr. Jennifer Haythe
Associate Professor at Columbia University Irving Me...
Dr. Mercy Odueyungbo
Dermatologist & Cosmetic Surgeon; Star of TLC's 'Dr....
Sharla Smith, PhD
Implicit Bias & Anti-Racism Advocate; Co-founder of ...
Nurse Advocate; Executive Director of National Nurse...
Doctor, Advocate & Founder and President of the Nati...
Advocate for Veterans, Entrepreneur, Nurse & Co-Foun...
Dean of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania; B...
Diane Carlson Evans
Former Army Nurse & Founder of The Vietnam Women's M...
Dr. Connie Mariano
Former White House Physician; Rear Admiral of the U....
Women's Health Pioneer; Co-Founder and Director of S...
Alexa Marks, RN, BSN
Registered Nurse, Mom of Three & Breast Cancer Survivor
Registered Nurse & Co-Author of Chicken Soup for the...
Nursing Professional & Humorist
Registered Nurse, Professional Singer & Motivational...
Chief Medical Officer at US Office of Personnel Mana...