Eileen McDargh is founder and CEO of the consulting firm, The Resiliency Group (a division of McDargh Communications). Organizations like Cisco, Novartis, Oracle, and Procter & Gamble hire her firm to teach them ways of building resilient leadership teams and workplaces.
Since 1980, she has helped organizations and individuals transform the life of their business and the business of their life through conversations that matter and connections that count.
Her programs are content rich, interactive, provocative and playful-even downright hilarious. She draws upon practical business know-how, life's experiences and years of consulting to major national and international organizations that have ranged from global pharmaceuticals to the US Armed Forces, from health care associations to religious institutions. Global Gurus International, a British-based provider of resources for leadership, communication and sales training, also ranked Eileen in the World's Top 30 Communication Professionals for several years following a global survey of 22,000 business professionals.
Eileen is energy without hype. A Connector who joins head and heart to create action. Instead of giving lectures Eileen teaches and tells stories. She speaks with humility and humor in place of pride and pretense.
Along with her work as an organizational resiliency consultant, Eileen speaks and writes about resiliency. As a platform speaker, she has given thousands of keynotes for organizations and associations in dozens of fields, including aerospace, education, finance, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, public agencies, real estate, retail, technology, utilities, and women's leadership.
She is a member of the National Speakers Association (and has served on its Board of Directors), was awarded by Speakers Platform a Top 5 Speaker designation in Leadership, was elected into the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame, and was given by her peers the Legend of the Platform Award. She is a certified agent for THE WHY INSTITUTE.
As an author, Eileen has written seven books, including:
- "Your Resiliency GPS: A Guide for Growing through Life and Work"
- "The Resilient Spirit: Heart Talk for Surviving in An Upside Down World"
- "Work for a Living and Still be Free to Live!"
- "Gifts from the Mountain: Simple Truth's for Life's Complexities" won the Benjamin Franklin Gold Award. A training film based on this book earned a Silver Telly, the highest award for commercial productions.
- "40 Tips For Speaking Up, Speaking Out, And Being Heard"
- "Resilient Living: Moving From Burnout To Bounty"
- "My Get Up and Go... Got Up and Went"
- "Talk Ain't Cheap... It's Priceless"
- "Burnout to Breakthrough: Building Resilience to Refuel, Recharge, and Reclaim What Matters"
Before starting her own consultancy, Eileen was the Director of Communications for a national healthcare company, served as senior manager on a U.S. Navy installation project, and taught school in Nassau County, Florida, where she was elected "Educator of the Year."
She and her family live in Dana Point, California.
added 7 months ago
added over 1 year ago
Cultivating Resilience in the Age of Burnout: Leadership Skills for Complex Times
This program is designed to open a conversation about what we can do as individuals and professionals, as employees and managers, to move from pandemic panic to realistic responses. Fear paralyzes us. Clear thinking moves us.
- Guidance through the accurate definition of resilience and begin to explore actions to take in cultivating four critical resilience skills: adaptability, agility, laughability, and alignment.
- How it all begins with YOU—what conversations you are having with yourself and what emotions arise as a result?
- We’ll talk about the power of the present and how to develop intelligent optimism. Action is the antidote for anxiety and you’ll be guided on how to control the controllable.
- Walk away with at least three concrete actions you can take today!
Burnout to Breakthrough: Building Resiliency to Refuel, Recharge and Reclaim What Matters
In May 2019, the World Health Organization declared burnout as a global occupational hazard with specific symptoms and warnings. Enter COVID 19 and an upside down world. Burnout has become even stronger and insidious. Remote workforces, physical distancing, and dependency on virtual communication provide their own potential for burnout. You’ll experience why Eileen has also been called a HOPE merchant, filling minds with positivity, laugh-ability and DO-ability. Discover ways individuals and organizations impact burnout and what to do about it.
Come away with at least 3 action items to implement today to control the flames.
Lead-Her-Ship – Owning Our Power, Passsion, Play and Purpose
Gather women together and you have an energy source to light even the darkest corners of the world. Eileen puts a match to that energy. We can learn to be heroines of our own story and leaders shaping tomorrow for all our children. This is your time to refresh, realign, reawaken, reflect, refuel, regenerate, rejoice, release, remember and renew.
Participants will learn:
- About the POWER of choice.
- To understand The POWER of who you are, what you know and what you have done.
- About the POWER of PRESENCE – PERSONAL vs. SOCIAL.
- How to use PASSION to leverage your career to match your authentic self.
- HOW TO PLAY… and how to help others enjoy their work and world.
- About your PURPOSE: the bigger picture. Why am I here, and what do I leave behind?
Leveraging Your Career To Fit YOUR Authentic Self
A good career fit is not like squeezing into Spanx. Nope! It means thinking, listening, and sensing where, when and how to craft actions that bring you from good work to great work! The result: you feel GREAT and you stop the busywork and start the work that matters. It begins from the inside out.
In this session, you will:
- Discover the difference between UGH work, Good Work and GREAT work.
- Explore through exercises how to identify what is uniquely YOUR authentic work.
- Learn how to ask for what you want and three possible steps to leverage you into your GREAT/Authentic work.
- Understand the difference between a mentor and a sponsor.
- Explore the six qualities of charisma and how to develop these qualities so that you attract people to you and your authentic work.
The Art of Balancing an Unequal Life: The Secret to Resiliency!
Make no mistake—everyone works—whether for free or fee!?
How can you work smart and live happier? Is it even possible to have work/life balance in this fast-paced, frantic world? From senior executives to front line employees, this issue is key to the changing nature of America's workforce and today's world.
We hear about the need to balance personal and work priorities, but how do you go from burned out to fired up? How can we juggle the many responsibilities and demands on our busy lives?
In this insightful and interactive program you will:
- Understand why traditional models of balance no longer work in these times of change.
- Discover how to conduct your own “CAT” scan of life.
- Acquire the skills to “sail” within the five critical areas of living.
- Create your own action plan for juggling the demands of your fast-paced life.
- Develop personal strategies for creating “a life by design, not be default”.
Learn at least three methods for effective self-management and self-improvement that you can put to work immediately.
Related Speakers View all
CEO of The Joy Project; Author & Psychologist; Emoti...
Authority on Leadership, Change & Customer Service
Hall of Fame Motivational Speaker; Author of "The Go...
Executive Coach, Entrepreneur, Visual Artist & Burn ...
Speech Coach & Author of "Negotiating for Dummies" a...
First Female F-14 Fighter Pilot in the U.S. Navy, T...
Grant D. Fairley
Inspirational Speaker and Teacher, Executive Coach &...
Author, Neurohumorist & Inductee of the Speaker Hall...
Linda Armstrong Kelly
Single Mother of Lance Armstrong; Philanthropist & A...
Inspirational Influencer and Empowerment Speaker and...
Trained Broadcast Journalist / Marketing Pro & Exper...
Productivity & Time Management Expert
Keynote Speaker, Motivator & Communication Expert
Communication Expert & Chief Executive of Booher Res...
Women's Worth & Wellness Expert, TEDx Audacious Lead...
Motivational Speaker, Writer, Actress & Radio Talk S...
Tina Marie Jones
Connecting with the audience through the style of a ...
The Employee Motivation Expert
Jean Bailey Robor
Jean Bailey Robor, award-winning author and inspirat...
CEO & Chief Lifestyle Designer of Kathy Ireland Worl...