Author of "Plant Your Feet Firmly in Mid-Air" & Organizational Transformation Specialist; Pilot, Former Professor & Clinician
Former professor, researcher, clinician, and registered nurse, Dr. Janet Lapp was born and raised in Québec, Canada; her PhD is from McGill University in Montreal. Over the past 30 years, she has inspired over 3,500 audiences around the world from Russia to Argentina to Hong Kong–with clients such as IBM, AT&T, Allstate, New York Life, Toyota, and Kawasaki – to adopt a mindset skilled in leading others through disruptive change. She is a dual citizen, presents in three languages, and regularly consults throughout Europe and the Americas.
A licensed clinical psychologist and author of five books, she has been admitted to the Speakers Hall of Fame, and one year was rated by Toastmasters as one of the top three speakers worldwide. She is the creator and host of the CBS series ‘Keep Well,’ and has appeared regularly on INN, ABC, CNN, and NBC affiliates.
The Ritz-Carlton team and IBM sales used her best-selling book "Plant Your Feet Firmly in Mid-Air" to help create their successful transformations. She is author of four other books: "Dancing with Tigers," "Positive Spin," "Why Won’t They Listen to Me?" (pack leadership), and on personal transformation: "The Four Elements of Transformation." Her forthcoming business book (Wiley, 2024) highlights the disruptive leadership mindset needed to guide others through disruptive change.
A pilot and flight instructor, Lapp has flown throughout South America and Africa on medical and rescue missions. She is a long time volunteer with the Flying Doctors of Mercy in central México and the founder of ‘Agua Limpia’, giving clean water access to the Sinaloa indigenous.
She is a National AG Triathlon champion, competed with Team USA at the Lausanne World Finals and reached IRONMAN Gold All World Athlete status for 2021.
Let's Go: How to get People to Move
Your people didn’t believe it could happen to them. Then, disruptors appeared on the horizon, and now everyone has to play catch up. Up to one-third of your workforce could be actively resistant. How much faster could you move if everyone were on board?
This program budges people out of the past and helps them SEE that change affects everyone, there is no choice, and no hiding AND IN THE END, ADAPTING WORKS BETTER FOR EVERYONE.
- Summary of hard trends in your industry, how others are adapting and simple changes you can make to keep up.
- Easiest steps to an agile workforce and workplace.
- What resistance looks like and best ways to budge it.
- A take-out plan to grow skills and mindsets you’ll need to adapt to and lead fast change.
Think Big, Act Bold
Do something SO bold, that a year from now, when we are through this, you’ll shout: “I can’t believe we/did that!”
Especially during disruptive change, this program is personally inspirational. However, the effects extend to the workplace … as people become bolder, more confident, take more risks, think larger - despite circumstances.
Janet brings the lessons of her experiences as a National Triathlon Champion, Ironman competitor, and pilot who’s flown through the world … to inspire you to think the impossible and do the unimaginable. Her stories highlight overcoming depths, resilient comebacks, and miraculous survivals.
You will knock away outdated pillars, blow away perceptions of what’s possible, rewrite your story and create a new set of rules. In so doing, life will be expanded as never before.
- Motivate yourself to push beyond.
- Rewrite old stories and old rules.
- Push back limiting blocks.
- Develop a personal Change Airbag, where nothing will get you down.
Stay Standing: How to thrive with change
You need to stay focused, optimistic and forward moving …. despite disruption. You need a leader with the clinical skills to help people through trauma.
- Through survey and interview, we find out what’s going on, how people really feel.
- We find out which of five basic change reactions you have, to understand your own and others’ reaction styles. This increases understanding and empathy, and gives us a recovery roadmap.
- We practice the skills that successful change adaptors use to stay focused and optimistic, no-matter-what. We learn to balance energy output and avoid burnout.
- We learn how to look for opportunities and possibilities. Move from “what-if” worry to a “what-now” action plan.
- Develop a Master Grid Plan that will lead to productive, high-value action. Starting from a new end vision or desired post-COVID future state, work backwards into short -term goals and devise action plans that are scheduled on a daily basis.
Related Speakers View all
CEO of The Joy Project; Author & Psychologist; Emoti...
Eileen McDargh, CSP, CPAE
Chief Energy Officer at The Resiliency Group
Speech Coach, Motivational Speaker & Author of "Pitc...
Hall of Fame Motivational Speaker; Author of "The Go...
Bestselling Author & Founder of The David Allen Company
Founder, Owner & CEO of WhiteSpace at Work
Dr. Jackie Freiberg
Corporate Culture & Leadership Strategist, Best-Sell...
Ariane de Bonvoisin
Author, Entrepreneur & Change Expert
Expert in Changing Lives; Author of "Life Would Be E...
US Fighter Pilots & Team-Building Experts
Co-Author of "Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul"; Ex...
Olympic Gold Medalist, Health Advocate & Cancer Surv...
International Work-Life Balance Expert
Management Consultant, Founder & President of The Ta...
Founder of The Culture Works & Bestselling Author of...
Dr. Kevin Freiberg
World-Wide Best-Selling Author, Speaker & Advisor
Peak Performance Expert, Best-Selling Author, Resear...
The Speaker That Makes a Difference
Communication Expert & Chief Executive of Booher Res...
Leadership Speaker, Former Commander of USS Benfold ...