Jenn Lim is the CEO and CHO [Chief Happiness Officer] of Delivering Happiness [DH], a company she and Tony Hsieh [prior CEO of Zappos] cofounded to show how you can prioritize purpose, people and profits to make an impact on the world.
In 2010, Jenn led the launch and management of Tony’s first book [Delivering Happiness] which sold over 1 million copies, was translated into 23 languages and hit #1 on The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. It was also voted one of the best business books by NPR, Amazon and Inc. Magazine.
With the book’s success, DH evolved into the world’s first coach|sulting® company to help businesses, governments, and health care systems actualize their own sustainable organizations with people and purpose for a positive ROI.
Since then, DH has inspired and helped over 400 organizations around the world create systemic change to ready them for growth, adaptability and resiliency.
Jenn was previously a consultant with Zappos from 2003-2011, during the years it grew from a startup into a billion-dollar business. At Zappos, she created the world’s first series of Culture Books, an embodiment of how companies can use culture for sustainable success.
Over her 20+ years of experience with DH and Zappos, she’s developed scientific frameworks for workplace happiness and modern org design, showing how — no matter what title or role — we can live more meaningful lives through the work we do every day.
Jenn also sits on the Global Happiness Council of Work and Wellbeing, loves spontaneous meditations and dance parties, and is working on the launch of a new book “BEYOND HAPPINESS How Authentic Leaders Prioritize Purpose and People for Growth and Impact” in October 2021. Between dance parties and meditations, you’ll find Jenn working on her own purpose: for everyone to be their authentic MEs, build our WEs and COMMUNITIES, and impact the world…with humanity.
added about 1 month ago
added 12 months ago
added 12 months ago
added 12 months ago
Delivering Happiness Keynote
Experience the story of Delivering Happiness painted with colorful life lessons from your speaker. Your Speaker will share the philosophy that Tony Hsieh applied to build Zappos into a $1Billion a year example of culture as a brand. They’ll weave in the science of happiness to understand how happiness as a business model works, zooming in on the personal element to empower every individual to choose happiness. Your speaker will share the simple model that can be applied to YOUR organization to create change right away, illustrating key themes with inspiring examples and takeaways at every turn. Leave understanding how prioritizing happiness at work and in life can change the world more than we ever thought possible, one person and one company at a time. And how it is all in our control.
- How happiness as a business model = profits, passion and purpose
- Why happiness leads to success on the personal (ME) and organizational (WE) level
- Why sustainable happiness and culture change must start with ME, the individual
- The OTHER ROI, Ripples of Impact: from the personal level of ME to WE to COMMUNITY
- How to build a grassroots movement of happiness with your family/teams
- Culture is Everyone’s Business – the significance of co-ownership and how it drives success
- How key frameworks from the science of happiness can build personal & organizational happiness
- How the Happiness Frameworks of Connectedness, Progress, Control, Values and Purpose can be linked to metrics, and why this is important in building a culture movement
- The role of higher purpose in our personal lives and how to live our purpose through our work
- Higher Purpose as a north star in decision-making and strategy for business growth
- PECs – the secret that drives Zappos WOW service and exceptional repeat business
- Stories and examples of cultures coming back from the brink, and scaling to new heights
Masterclass for Teams: 90 min sessions 3x’s a week for 24 participants (Virtual Offering)
- DH Model + Your Why + Culture Pulse - Learn the philosophical and psychological origins of the DH Model, define your “why” for this course, and take a quick pulse check on where your company’s culture stands right now.
- ME + WE Value Alignment - How to align your personal values to those of your company in order to generate more meaning and purpose at work.
- Sense of Progress- Identify the levers of progress and happiness at work and learn how to create small wins to build positive momentum that ripples throughout your entire organization.
- Sense of Control - Understand the top 3 ways to feel more in control at work and how to implement them effectively.
- Sense of Connectedness - Discover the roots of our primal need for connectedness and how to activate this essential element of happiness in your workplace.
- Higher Purpose- Define how your actions at work are contributing to something bigger than yourself, and how your company is serving a purpose higher than pure profit.
Adapt and Thrive for Leaders: 90 min sessions run 3x’s a week for one week [12 participants] (Virtual Offering)
- Strategies to adapt and thrive through uncertainty
- Align leadership on the scenario, challenges and key metrics
- Framework to design a response strategy to support employees and clients
- How to Communicate and implement culture decisions
- How to support and sustain culture ongoing
Adapt and Thrive for Teams 90 min sessions run 2 or 3x’s a week for one week [24 participants] (Virtual Offering)
- Methodology to create and follow an effective Work From Home
- Alliance (Family, Teams) to be productive while staying
- emotionally fit
- Practical and actionable tools to re-gain and sustain control over
- your day
- Key actionable tools to build a motivating sense of progress and
Adapt and Thrive Resilience for Teams 90 min sessions run 2 or 3x’s a week for one week [24 participants] (Virtual Offering)
- A comprehensive framework how to increase and sustain your physical and mental vitality in challenging times
- Process to turn fears and anger into effective platforms for productive action
- Action plan to set deliberate new habits to adapt and thrive as an individual and team
HAPPINESS IN THE PANDEMIC
Inspired by human resilience, possibility and past events humans have survived and found ways to thrive through, this talk offers stories, science, inspiration and hope of finding true happiness though the most challenging times. At a time when our country is confronting overlapping crises of coronavirus, financial fallout and racial injustice - how do we cope, rise, and find our authentic path through the changes? How do we and each make a difference where it matters for us most? Come away understanding the dynamic, unchanging sources of your happiness, and practical strategies to sustain well-being, connection and meaning.
SUDDENLY SELF MANAGED - WELLBEING IN THE FOW
As the pandemic descended awe entered an era of super VUCA with exponential change all around, and dramatic changes in the way we work, as 50% of the population suddenly found themselves essentially self managed; working from home, in charge of their energy, focus and schedule with heightened personal responsibility, while more disconnected from their team, and less availability of support and resources. How do we manage our time, physical and emotional health, productivity, and yes, even happiness, amidst these massive changes? How do we overcome challenges of eroding constructs of work, such as life separation, the 9-5 workday, and command and control management? Backed by science and filled with examples of organizations and individuals adapting and thriving..., this talk brings to the forefront the new emotional needs to thrive in our worklife, and offers inspiring stories and concepts to respond and adapt to these changes, becoming better self managers, and on the organizational level, opening to a culture that responds to these challenges and is not held back trying to preserve elements of culture and work that are no longer relevant.
Jenn Lim, the CEO and co-founder of Delivering Happiness, joins HR Break Room at the Society for Human Resource Management 2019 Conference & Exposition to discuss the difference between employee happiness and employee engagement.
Purpose-driven companies have outperformed those in the S&P 500. Here's how to create a company purpose that works.
Your company values can be words on wall or factors in your long-term success. Discover what they could do for your business.
It's getting harder for companies to fill job openings with the right people. Company culture can be your greatest advantage.
Delivering Happiness [DH], the world's first Culture coach|sulting® [coaching + consulting] company, announced that it is Great Place to Work-Certified™. Using validated employee feedback gathered with Great Place to Work's rigorous, data-driven For All methodology, Certification confirms 92% of employees have a consistently positive experience at Delivering Happiness [DH].
The 2019 Global Happiness and Well-Being Policy Report is produced by the Global Happiness Council (GHC) and contains papers by expert working groups on happiness for good governance. This report provides evidence and policy recommendations on best practices to promote happiness and well-being.
Related Speakers View all
Growth Mindset and Improvement Expert; Co-Founder of...
CEO & Founder of Zuckerberg Media; Bestselling Autho...
Harvard Professor, Researcher, Positive Psychology E...
Founder of The Culture Works & Bestselling Author of...
Actor, Best-Selling Author, Motivational Speaker, Ad...
Five-Time Tech Entrepreneur; Hyper-Growth CEO; NY Ti...
"Shark Tank" Investor; Founder & CEO of FUBU; Presid...
Former Co-founding Executive of Netflix; Former Pres...
Expert Human Resources Consultant, Author & Former C...
Former Head of Training at Walt Disney University & ...
Entrepreneur & Co-Founder of Waze
Best-Selling Author, Consultant, Board Certified Exe...
R "Ray" Wang
Founder, Chairman & Principal Analyst at Constellati...
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Investor, Impact Leader ...
Founding Member of the Fast Company Magazine, Co-Fou...
Strategic Advisor for Hospitality & Leadership at Ai...
First Lieutenant (Retired) & Three-Time Paratriathlo...
Media Executive, Startup Investor & Best-Selling Aut...
Former Pixar Animator, Story Artist, Creativity Expe...
Olympic Gold Medalist, Health Advocate & Cancer Surv...