Scott McKain is an internationally known distinction expert, bestselling author, keynote speaker and virtual presenter.
McKain’s unique style has earned him induction into the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame — and his remarkable content earned him membership (along with Dale Carnegie, Zig Ziglar, and Og Mandino) as one of only 24 selected for inclusion in the Sales and Marketing Hall of Fame. He is currently “Corporate Educator in Residence” at High Point University, named by U.S. News & World Report as the nation’s “most innovative” university.
McKain has over three decades of research and experience and has spoken and consulted for the world’s most influential corporations, presenting his business strategies on platforms in all ﬁfty states and twenty-two countries.
McKain’s latest book, “ICONIC,” named as a Forbes “Top 10 Pick of the Year,” is the instruction guide for professionals and organizations to become so distinctive they not only stand out in their industry, but set the benchmark for innovation, customer experience and employee culture.
Create Distinction: What To Do When "Great" Isn't Good Enough to Grow Your Business
"The most important question we must confront is: “WHY would we get chosen instead of our competition?”
In this high-impact keynote, Scott shares distinctive stories from his extensive case studies. He provides the specific action steps that every professional must undertake to stand out and move up. And, he will show you how to avoid commoditization by expanding your innovation.
Scott’s insights on current trends have been globally recognized as cutting edge. His masterful storytelling ability means your attendees will enjoy the speech — and execute the strategies.
Your outcome will be an audience prepared to drive business growth by creating distinction — personally and professionally.
Key Audience Takeaways:
- The ability to avoid the mistakes of commoditization
- Improved results from learning the specific steps to create distinction
- Improved appreciation of the importance of personal responsibility in organizational growth
- Expanded skills and thinking on the important issue of innovation
- Enhanced clarity about goals and organizational direction
- Knowledge of communication approaches that transcend generational differences
- Discovery of the specific steps required to deliver superior experiences for customers"
The Ultimate Customer Experience®: Delivering What Customers REALLY Want
"There is a stunning difference between what customers want and what most organizations offer. And, as Scott McKain’s research proves, this widening gulf creates dissatisfaction, distrust, and –worst of all for any business — disloyalty.
What customers really want today is a superior client experience. Certainly, they want good service, a great product, and a competitive price. However, what creates client loyalty is a connection through personalization, differentiation, and emotion.
A critical question for you is: What is the ultimate experience that a customer could have as they do business with your organization? Scott McKain has vast experience and cutting-edge strategies on how to create distinction and deliver ultimate customer experiences®.
Your participants will discover what it takes to produce undying loyalty and endless referrals. By sharing specifics and stories from the iconic companies within Scott’s portfolio of case studies, you’ll discover how to deliver ultimate experiences to both internal and external customers.
Key Audience Takeaways:
- The five steps of an Ultimate Customer Experience
- Why the experience – and not service – generates loyalty; and what you need to do to create it
- The information you need to personalize the experience, in order to intensify the customer’s commitment to your organization
- The Six Disconnections Between Organizations and Customers — and how to bridge the gaps so you can engage distinctively"
ICONIC: How Organization and Leaders Attain, Sustain, And Regain the Ultimate Level of Distinction
Being distinctive in the marketplace used to be the pinnacle of success. In today’s global marketplace, that mountain is significantly more difficult to climb. Add the pervasive presence of social media and the competition for attention is more intense than ever before.
Merely standing out is more challenging than ever. It now has less impact on sustained growth. Today, to become a compelling company, leader, or brand on a positive trajectory, one must attain iconic status.
Scott will share fresh stories on iconic professionals and organizations. You’ll learn there are only two factors upon which customers and employees judge your organization. He will reveal unique examples like the millionaire chimney sweep. You’ll learn about the single-store steakhouse in a mid-sized city that has higher revenue than New York City’s famed Tavern on the Green.
What is the outcome of this keynote presentation? You and your organization will be ready to achieve iconic status through sound research and practical wisdom.
Key Audience Takeaways:
- The Five Factors of Iconic Performance
- The ONLY two factors upon which customers will judge you
- Why much of what you’ve heard – like “under promise/over deliver,” “defense wins championships,” “sell harder” – does not work in today’s marketplace of multiple generations and cultures.
- Improved results from learning the required steps for Iconic performance
- Expanded appreciation of the importance of personal responsibility in team success
- Advanced skills and thinking on the important issue of improving processes
- Enhanced precision about goals and organizational direction
Developing a Distinctive Culture: Creating Ultimate Employee Experiences in a Multi-generational Workforce
You’ve probably heard it before: culture will always surpass strategy. Culture is the primary factor that determines how we execute. So, how do we develop a culture that creates distinction — especially in this time with so many diverse generations and cultures working together?
Attendees of this highly engaging presentation will learn how to communicate more effectively. They’ll grow in their understanding of the unique expectations of today’s modern workforce.
Scott’s insights on current workforce trends are globally recognized as cutting edge. His masterful storytelling ability means that your attendees will enjoy the speech — and execute the strategies.
After this keynote, you and your attendees will understand what it takes to win in a workplace with multiple generations. You’ll be prepared to elevate opportunities and embrace change.
Key Audience Takeaways:
- Why “different” from how we do it doesn’t mean “incorrect” in how it’s done
- How generational differences can create distinction when we develop an open, accepting organizational culture
- How to thrive in a workplace with multiple generations, and how to work with people who think differently than you
- The role of mentors – including “reverse mentorship”…in other words, learning from those younger than you
The ICONIC Sales Professional: How To Stand Out and Win in a Hyper-competitive Marketplace
Most organizations are selling customers and prospects exactly like their competitors. As Scott McKain’s research reveals, part of the reason is that organizations have not thoroughly educated their sales professionals. Many salespeople have not specifically learned how to emphasize the differences required to make their product or service the superior choice.
Scott relates unique stories from iconic companies and professionals from his portfolio of client case studies. He provides the strategies and tactics required to deliver iconic sales performance.
Attendees of this high-impact keynote presentation will learn what it takes to sell distinctively.
Scott’s insights on current trends in sales have been globally recognized as cutting edge. His masterful storytelling ability means your attendees will enjoy the speech. His vast experience and insight mean that they will execute his sales strategies.
Key Audience Takeaways:
- Sell the differences that make you a preferred choice
- Four strategies to sell uniquely from your competition
- How to transcend transaction and develop loyal relationships for more sales
- The six key disconnections between sales professionals and their customers
- Learn that we are chosen for our uniqueness – not our similarities
Related Speakers View all
Bestselling Author, Technology Pioneer, Expert on Co...
Dr. Jackie Freiberg
Corporate Culture & Leadership Strategist, Best-Sell...
"Shark Tank" Investor; Founder & CEO of FUBU; Presid...
Leadership, Corporate Culture & Change Expert; Execu...
Leading Urbanist, Economist & Author of "The Rise of...
Premier Communications Expert; Author of "The Platin...
Artificial Intelligence & Digital Transformation Exp...
Serial Entrepreneur, New York Times Best-Selling Aut...
Marketing & Sales Futurist, Customer Experience Thou...
Founder of The Culture Works & Bestselling Author of...
Entrepreneur, Renowned Global Thought Leader on The ...
New York Times Best-Selling Author; The Foundational...
Co-Founder & Chief Movement Officer of Luminate Labs...
Comedian & Motivational Business Expert
Dr. Nido Qubein
Award-Winning Speaker and Author, President of High ...
CEO of The Joy Project; Author & Psychologist; Emoti...
Sales & Marketing Hall of Fame Speaker
Customer Experience Consultant & Bestselling Author
US Fighter Pilots & Team-Building Experts
Former Head of Training at Walt Disney University & ...