Building powerful business relationships is a fundamental key to success for leaders, sales professionals, and contributors of all types. That’s why Tim Sanders has circled the globe as a keynote speaker at conferences, conventions and corporate meetings, sharing his perspectives, delivering solutions and strategies and changing lives.
Sanders is the CEO of Deeper Media, a research and consultancy firm that serves leading global brands, government agencies, and trade associations. Deeper Media helps individuals and organizations tackle marketing innovation, sales performance, talent management, leadership development, and organizational culture. He’s served on advisory boards for several startups, including the social reading website Goodreads, which was purchased by Amazon in 2014.
Sanders is the author of five books, including the New York Times bestseller, Love is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends. His publications have over one million copies in print with bestseller status in India, South Korea, Italy, Brazil, and Denmark.
Throughout his career, he’s been on the cutting edge of innovation and change management. Fresh out of graduate school, he was deeply involved in the quality revolution, which disrupted manufacturing in the 1980’s. He joined the cellular phone industry the year it debuted in North America. He was an early stage member of Mark Cuban’s broadcast.com, which had the largest opening day gain in IPO history. He went to Yahoo! when they acquired Cuban’s company for almost six billion dollars and rose to the Chief Solutions Officer position and later was named the company’s leadership coach.
Sanders credits his passions of research, critical thinking, and public speaking to his high school days, where he was the captain of the debate team, and then later in college, a national champion. He points to his years of fronting a rock band as the epicenter of his innovative approach to marketing.
Today, his mission is to bring all of his life experiences and his unconventional, disruptive – yet inspired strategies and perspectives to thousands of people every year, helping them to boost their leadership effectiveness, human connection, and business performance.
Leading with Love
What are some of the top challenges facing today’s leaders? Employee engagement and customer retention. Here’s what we know: Competition for our best people and most profitable customers is coming from every direction, disrupting our businesses. What can we do to cement strong relationships and stand out from the crowd? Lead with love.
In his New York Times bestselling book, Love Is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence People, Tim Sanders explains that “love is the most powerful force in the business world, and we show it by sharing our knowledge, networks and compassion to promote success in other people.” His research finds that when we lead with love, we grow our business, foster innovation and build a highly resilient enterprise.
He has circled the globe, giving thousands of professionals the insights they need to lead a culture that values generosity, mentorship and empathy. In this inspiring keynote, he’ll combine compelling research, case studies and actionable takeaways that will move your audience to action.
Learning Objectives: Three ways to become a student of the game, and then later, a trusted advisor to others who are grappling with change. How to supercharge your networking skills by asking different questions … starting at this conference! How to put compassion at the center of key business decisions, from talent management to customer experience.
The Social Opportunity: 3 Ways To Leverage New Media For Your Business
Long time new media expert and former Yahoo CSO Tim Sanders has participated in the rise of social media, from its early days of instant messenger updates and bulletin boards to the rise of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. In this keynote, he will unravel the mystery surrounding how to leverage it to generate business, cut costs and recruit talent into your organization. His talk is not a review on ‘of-the-moment’ platforms or tools, but instead, he offers a blueprint for leveraging any new media innovation, whether it’s a new social networking service, mobile app or publishing platform. Based on numerous case studies relevant to your industry or situation, his talk will provide actionable takeaways such as:
- How to tune into the conversation about your company, your market and your competitors with low cost tools.
- How to apply this new found information to improve service, your product offering and your competitive advantage.
- How to connect with customers and potential employees over social media by interacting with and sharing their content…and why that’s the new warm call.
- How to contribute to the marketplace conversation and create top of mind positioning for your organization.
- How to create an editorial calendar based on your customer’s informational needs.
- How to leverage social media for talent acquisition and employee retention.
- How to streamline or delegate social media activities to ensure a rock solid return-on-investment of your time.
- How to prioritize which social media platform you should invest time with to achieve the greatest impact.
Creating the Sale: How to Unleash Your Creative Sales Genius
Regardless of what your job title reads, selling is a part of your success formula. From sales professionals to senior leadership, selling the vision is a process that requires creativity. Everything Love is the killer appfrom acquiring resources to forming partnerships requires a selling skill these days. As time goes on, it gets more complicated too, as multiple decision makers and technology development changes the playing field. For these challenges, Sanders has a prescription: Leverage your creative genius! For the sales professional, in today’s increasingly complex business environment, a completed sale and a satisfied client are often the result of dozens of problems solved. In many cases, the “system” doesn’t anticipate the roadblocks, leaving it up to sales professionals to “create the sale.” Tim believes that creativity shouldn’t be confined to advertising agencies, product developers and media producers. It belongs in sales as much as anywhere else! In his career, Tim has sold over a half billion dollars of services by applying imagination, story telling, visual impact and novel approaches to solving problems. A New York Times bestselling author and former Chief Solutions Officer at Yahoo!, he’s learned the secret to maintaining one’s creative sales genius. In this talk, Tim will outline why creativity is the key to achieve Access, Advocacy and Agreement with clients. He’ll also provide relevant case studies on how out-of-the-box thinking has helped generate sales and acquire scarce resources. Take away advice from his next book (Creating the Sale, 2015) includes:
- Expand Your Creativity (Capacity, Tendency, Intelligence, Courage)
- Employ Creativity To Solve Problems (Access, Persuasion, Engagement)
- Encourage Others To Join You In A Creative Journey
The Business Power of Confident Thinking
Sure, we have business confidence at the top of a market or if we are leading the change. But what’s our plan to seize the moment when the playing field changes … or recedes? Our competition is hit just as hard as we are, and now it’s a race to see who gets their Mojo back first. History proves that business confidence is rocket fuel for a company. It cracks the code, closes the deal and moves people to action. It’s not enough to ‘think positive’ though – sustainable confidence comes from lifestyle and leadership design. This program is based on Sanders’ experience through three recessions, the dotcom boom and the quality movement. Key Takeaways Include:
- A Fail-Study on Tim’s days at Yahoo including: Why they lost their Mojo, got passed by Google and what every company can learn from the experience.
- How to create a mind-diet that gives you unbreakable confidence, starting with your morning routine. Based on modern brain science research in business.
- Case study on how executives can confront the ‘Chicken Littles’ at work and shift the conversation from crisis to solution. Build a culture of courage by leading the conversation.
- How to face the worst case scenario to unleash innovation and calm in your group.
- A winning technique for injecting new-hire gratitude into yourself and your most jaded talent.
Emotional Talent: The Final Leadership Frontier
Many leaders rise to their position through their technical skills from operations to finance to product. But they will never make the leap from good to great until they develop what Tim Sanders calls Emotional Talent. This is the ability to manage their internal emotions, sense those in their people and connect with them at that level.
This program, which was the basis for a PBS Special, offers ways any leader can cultivate this talent, and spot it in others. It's based on 500,000 pages of original research.
- Why the mood state can have a 1000% impact on a company's innovation effectiveness. Based on case studies inside companies like Motorola & Google, Sanders explains why most business is really 'chemical warfare.'
- Why your company's emotional value proposition is key to attracting and retaining top talent. How to integrate employee experience design into leadership.
- Surprising research, revealing authenticity as a key emotional-talent attribute. How to "Keep It Real" in a world of false promises, distracted bosses and truth-stretchers
- How to decode people's emotions with 90% accuracy. Reading people is a technique that IBM Data sales execs, CIA agents and champion poker players learn and hone. Sanders will reveal the 7 Faces of Emotion, which can make you the smartest leader in the room.
- Master the "Art of Deep Listening" with your talent and your customers. How to borrow from the best interviewers in the world to uncover strategic insights in the field or around the office. How to develop a more empathetic culture, leading to a customer-centric approach to selling and delivering.
Related Speakers View all
Founder of The Culture Works & Bestselling Author of...
Dr. Jackie Freiberg
Corporate Culture & Leadership Strategist, Best-Sell...
Leadership, Corporate Culture & Change Expert; Execu...
Leadership Speaker, Former Commander of USS Benfold ...
Serial Entrepreneur, New York Times Best-Selling Aut...
#1 Bestselling Business Author, Organizational Cultu...
Leading Urbanist, Economist & Author of "The Rise of...
R "Ray" Wang
Founder, Chairman & Principal Analyst at Constellati...
CEO of Tomorrow, Futurist & Best-Selling Author of "...
Future of Work & Change Leadership Expert; Author of...
Co-Founder & Chief Movement Officer of Luminate Labs...
Former Head of Training at Walt Disney University & ...
Business Performance Expert & Agent of Change
Peak Performance Expert, Best-Selling Author, Resear...
Entrepreneur, Renowned Global Thought Leader on The ...
Leading Expert on Corporate & Brand Purpose, Conscio...
Behavioral Economist; Professor at Duke University; ...
Leading Authority on 21st Century Teamwork, Collabor...
John "GUCCI" Foley
Keynote Speaker to over 1500 Organizations Worldwide...
Customer Experience Expert & Best-Selling Business A...